EVOLUTIONARY PRESENCE | ONLINE Movement Medicine 6-wk Workshop w JO HARDY
June 1 @ 10:00 am - July 6 @ 12:00 pm EDT| US$111 – US$222
About this Event
THE SCHOOL OF MOVEMENT MEDICINE ON ZOOM
ONLINE Workshops offered in NORTH, CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICAN Time Zones
PRESENTED BY JO HARDY European Faculty Member
OPEN EXCLUSIVELY TO A SMALL GROUP OF 30 DANCERS
6 CONSECUTIVE WEEKLY SESSIONS ON SUNDAY MORNINGS
TIME ZONES: 7am-9am Pacific, 8am-10am Mountain, 9am-11am Central, 10am-12pm Eastern
JUNE 1 ~ JUNE 28
‘Knowing what it is to be dis-empowered and lost in a theater of selves who are afraid, reactive and fixed humbles us and deepens genuine compassion. To recognize and accept these un-owned parts of ourselves that make up our shadow makes it less likely that we will fall under their spell and project their self-fulfilling prophecies onto the world around us …. for the Inner Shaman, life is an ongoing invitation to discover and take responsibility for who we are, both shadow and light.’
–From Shaman, by Ya’acov Darling Khan
THE ‘WHY’ OF THIS MEDICINE
We are living through an extraordinary time, a time of great unknowing and a time of profound possibility and potentiality.
For many of us this time is a great mirror to both our innate creativity and resilience, and our inner ‘theater of selves’ that are cut off from our roots and alienated from the wider web of life. Evolutionary Presence will offer a Movement Medicine dance exploration and inquiry into Presence, the Unbroken that infuses each movement. This evolutionary act nurtures our ability to investigate our inner ‘theater of selves’ and to choose to open beyond the pull of these old stories.
JO HARDY, Faculty Member of the School of Movement Medicine, has created a new online 6-week small group dance journey grounded in the practices of the School of Movement Medicine, specifically designed to support you through these unprecedented times. This collective journey will be intentionally small, open to 30 dancers. No prerequisites or previous experience in Movement Medicine is required. Whatever your condition, age, gender, or circumstances you are very welcome to register.
ARE YOU CALLED TO THIS MEDICINE?
▪ Deepen your ability to awaken your Inner Shaman, who has the power to intentionally engage your inner Creative Dancing Warrior, the one who can learn to dance with everything including the unloved and marginalized.
▪ Open deeply into each movement moment with profound compassion, and to recognize we are already perfect, nowhere to go, nothing to change.
▪ Root deeply into your, body, heart and mind with curiosity, love, tenderness and mindful precision.
▪ Discovering a medicine map of essential Elemental archetypes – earth, fire, water, air and ether—to Investigate and play with embodying their energies and dances as a deep source of nourishment and resource.
▪ Receive support and guidance to dance and inquire into the four archetypal presences that make up the inner vicious circle – Victim, Persecutor, Rescuer and Hungry Ghost that collectively compose our survival self at the center of this vicious circle.
▪ Inquire into the four archetypal presences that make up the Inner Medicine circle: the Dancing Warrior, the Dancing Fool, the Wise Elder and the Wounded Healer, that collectively compose our Inner Shaman at the center of this Medicine Circle.
▪ Connect to the life energy moving through you, to deepen your capacity for radical acceptance and to develop our capacity to be a courageous, dancing warrior.
If this resonates as a YES in your body, and you can commit to all 6 consecutive Sunday mornings, we warmly invite you to join this small circle of dancers traveling together.
THE ‘WHAT’ OF THIS MEDICINE
‘Between ‘what was’ and ‘what will be’ there is a vast space called Now – Deep Presence. It is your true home.” – Jeff Foster
Evolutionary Presence with Jo Hardy is designed to offer:
▪ An intimate and safe space for you to explore the power of movement and the healing of connection.
▪ A clear grounding in Movement Medicine dance practice that will enable you to grow resources, find courage, strengthen your roots and discover the deep healing that is possible through shared Movement Medicine practice and inquiry.
▪ A committed group in which we will co-create and evolve a compassionate, grounded, welcoming container ,that will support us to share from the heart, inquire deeply into our own embodied experience and discover support.
▪ A space to reconnect to what is important to you and to give you the space to inquire into the ways you hold back, contract and lose your ground.
▪ Insight to support you to awaken more deeply to your potential as a creative being, to dream big and to discover more of your innate power to manifest your personal dreams and contribution in a supportive community to journey together.
WEEK 1 Awaken your Inner Shaman who holds a deep awareness of the ground of Presence – the great Unbroken Mystery and who knows all things are creative material for evolution. Open your understanding of the composition of the survival self and a birds eye understanding of the Vicious and Medicine circles. Tree of Life Practice | For grounding, cultivation of presence in body, heart, mind and deepening relationship with the archetypes of Yin and Yang. Awakening the Dancer Practice – For connection, expression and awakening the capacity to dance with all that arises.
WEEK 2: Dance the Element of Earth, explore its qualities, dances and embodiment. Awaken the medicine archetype of The Wounded Healer who can activate qualities of compassion, deep acceptance and welcome to all that arises. An inner culture of nurture allows us to grow the confidence to know and love who we are. Investigate the shadow quality of The Hungry Ghost, the addict who can never fill the empty hole within and the toxic shame stories we carry deep in the fabric of our body.
WEEK 3: Dance the Element of Fire, explore its qualities, dances and embodiment. Awaken the medicine archetype of The Dancing Warrior who knows the courage to face the unknown with focus and passion. The one who can activate a sense of our own circle and healthy boundaries. Investigate the shadow quality of The Persecutor, the one who unrelentingly blames others and /or our-self. The voice of our inner critic / super-ego that perpetuates our inner war where we can never rest in deep forgiveness and acceptance.
WEEK 4: Dance the Element of Water, explore its qualities, dances and embodiment. Awaken the medicine archetype of The Dancing Fool, the power to fully embrace the opportunity of the moment with radical creativity, playfulness, sensuality, fascination. Investigate the shadow quality of The Victim, the sense of inner powerlessness where we keep ourselves small and impotent in self-limiting stories.
WEEK 5: Dance the Element of Air, explore its qualities, dances and embodiment. Awaken the medicine archetype of The Wise Elder who witnesses all of life’s happenings with the love and patience, sitting in the depths of our heart, expressed as wisdom, grown through all the ups and downs of life. Investigate the shadow quality of The Rescuer, the one within who feels a need to support others as a way of avoiding looking within and facing their own wounds.
WEEK 6: We will integrate all we have learned and experienced to cultivate creative responses to the opportunities and challenges we face at this time. We will see how both the Medicine and Vicious circles co-arise and operate in a dance that once seen with evolutionary clarity can free us to rest into Presence allowing all that arises to be as it is, whilst we have the power to creatively and courageously meet life as it happens in all its unpredictability.
ABOUT JO HARDY
Jo has been a Faculty Member of The School of Movement Medicine since 2007. She is an accredited 5 Rhythms teacher (Waves and Heartbeat Level), an Open Floor teacher and teaches workshops in many places, with a focus on regular programs in China. Jo was a body-based psychotherapist, trainer and supervisor for 25 years and currently has a Transformational Coaching, mentoring and supervision practice. Her work is also informed by mindfulness, dynamic heart inquiry, embodied resourcing and Joanna Macy’s Work That Reconnects.
“We have known Jo for many years and recognize in her a truly beautiful blend born of her many years of dedicated practice and inquiry. She is wise, funny and a truly unique dancer with a heart of gold and the uncompromising intelligence to match. Jo has been an elder of the School of Movement Medicine since 2007. We value the particular wisdom and depth that Jo brings linking the personal, archetypal, and the collective. She’s a force of nature who will stay with you wherever your journey leads.”
–Ya’Acov & Susannah Darling Khan, Co Founders of Movement Medicine.
Jo is offering this course at a sliding scale of $111-$222 USD TOTAL for all 6 weeks. If you feel called to this offering, and cannot afford the lower end of the sliding scale, please contact us with your circumstances confidentially. We will be holding space for four scholarships for those in need. (Please contact the organizer and confidentially share your circumstances indicating what you can afford at this time).
- We will need you to commit to attend all 6 sessions (to the best of your ability) so that we can depend on asafe and stable container — and others in your small group can depend on your presence. We are all important in this practice– each of us is an important element of this constellation.
- Evolutionary Presence is accredited and applicable to School of Movement Medicine hours (12) if you decide to pursue this practice more deeply in the future.
- Registration is open May 1- June 1. First come first served. Please register early if you are called to join us!
- Questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to please consider the following to create an optimum experience:
- Familiarize yourself with Zoom, download the app, and take care of the technical aspects before the course, so we can begin on the first day without spending time on tech troubleshooting.
- Create a safe space for dancing– whether on a floor or carpet– make sure the space is clear and free of hazards.
- Create a sacred space with objects that represent the elements, perhaps images or symbols of your loved ones past present and future. Candles, sage, lights, whatever feels sacred for you.
- Create some private space so that people who are sharing cannot be heard by unfamiliar people so we can be authentic and express themselves safely.
- Source a good set of bluetooth headphones or a speaker — the better the sound quality the more you will be able to enjoy Jo’s wonderful music mixes and guidance.
THE LEGAL STUFF
We will need you to agree to the following to participate in the Evolutionary Presence.
Participation in this online practice is fully at the risk and choice of participants. It is each person’s responsibility to look after their physical, emotional and mental well being. Listen to your own body. If something hurts, pay attention and take care of yourself. All participants are asked to move at their own pace and to take care of themselves on all levels. Jo Hardy, Carrie Branovan, and all people connected to Movement Medicine Online Circle and to the School of Movement Medicine can take no responsibility for injury you sustain as a result of participating in these online courses.
- I understand that Movement Medicine is an activity that involves physical movement.
- I have an area to dance in which I have checked is safe.
- I have checked the floor and there is nothing I could trip over.
- I am fit and well and able to dance.
- If my physical condition is restricted in any way, I can and will monitor my own level of movement and activity so that I remain within what is appropriate for my body.
- I understand that Movement Medicine may bring emotions to the surface.
- I am willing and able to take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being during the online class and after it.
- I will listen to my body and my being and respect my own limits during the online activity and afterward.
- I take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health during the course and afterward.
- Organizers agree to only use your name and email address for School of Movement Medicine events and updates.